Friday 6 November 2009

How to Speed Up My Computer

First of all I am not a huge fan of Registry cleaners or pc optimization tools for the simple reason that a lot out there don’t speed up your computer in any way. However recently my pc started to show signs of sluggishness and in my search on how to speed up my computer, I was forced to try out a few and here’s my review of the top 2 tools to speed up your computer.


# 1: RegCure

Developer: Paretologic Inc

Operating Systems: Windows® 7, Vista, XP, ME, 2000, 98SE

Overall Rating: ***** (5 Stars)



My experience:

Two of the major causes of a slow running computer are

  1. Issues in the system registry caused by leftovers from botched installations and half complete un-installations, adware and spyware or disabled drivers.
  2. Too many start up items that continue to run silently in the background.

Regcure helped me speed up my computer by effectively address the 2 issues above.

An initial scan with Regcure revealed 97 errors on my system’s registry. The errors identified includes the following: activeX entries, un-install entries, file/path references, dll errors. Fixing the issues identified took less than 1 minute.

With Regcure’s start up manager, I was to reduce the number of items that load at start up and keep running in the background, slowing down my pc,

Overall increase in pc performance, I will say 4.5 out of 5.

Pros: Easy to install with a clean and clear user interface. Fast and thorough system scan and reporting that carries the user along through every phase of the repair process. Auto- scan and repair scheduler.

Cons: No system restore point feature. You have to use windows system restore point.

Verdict: Overall I am quite satisfied with increase in the speed of my pc.

Download and Try Regcure Here


# 2: Registry Easy

Developer: Cheesoft Inc

Operating Systems: Windows Vista, XP, ME, 2000, 98SE

Overall Rating: ***** (4 1/2 Stars)


My experience:

Unlike Regcure, Registry Easy comes packed with a lot more features than you could have imagined. If you are a techie this will make more sense to you. For me, all I want is a tool that comes with the basic features that will speed up my computer. I discovered that some of the additional features like cleaning internet cache and browser helper objects actually did little to speed up my pc.

For the basic things that are needed to speed up my computer, such as sorting out my system’s registry and eliminating un-necessary start up items, Registry Easy delivered on these. Overall improvement in pc performance, I will say 4 out of 5.

Pros: Fast registry error detection scan. Additional optimization features. Clear error reporting with a clean user interface.

Cons: Not as straight forward to use as Regcure. Additional features requires more time to understand and decide on use.

Verdict: Overall I am quite satisfied with increase in the speed of my pc.

Try Registry Easy Here


1 comment:

  1. It may be errors in the Registry file that is causing the speed issues with your computer. Registry errors can account for over ninety percent of issues related to speed in computers. Shayne Sherman

    ReplyDelete